Writer: Jimmy Coverdale
Date:Monday June 15 2009
It`s been a week since our last look at the possible ins-and-outs at the Stadium of Light, so here`s a rundown:
• Spurs` Republic of Ireland international striker Robbie Keane has been linked with a move. Keane would be a perfect partner for Kenwyne Jones, but only returned to Tottenham in January so a transfer away from the club is unlikely.
• The Daily Star Sunday reported that the oft linked Darren Bent in a £10m move. Spurs apparently want £16m for the striker despite him hardly setting the world alight since he joined the club two years ago.
• Richard Dunne, another player that has been linked with the club since Keano was in charge, is apparently on his way. The Republic of Ireland international could cost as much as £5m.
• Other players who have been linked with the club yet again include Per Ciljan Skjelbred, Sebastein Bassong and Lee Cattermole and former on loan defender Callum Davenport has again been talking of his desire to move to the club permanently. Russell Anderson has again been linked with a move to Burnley, while Hull could be set to sign Paul McShane.
• Juventus winger Marco Marchionni could be on his way to the Stadium of Light. The 28-year-old winger looks like he will leave the club since the appointment of Cico Ferrara.
• Steve Bruce has been linked with a second raid on Serie A, this time for Sampdoria midfielder Gennaro Delvecchio. The 31-year-old, capped once for Italy, is also said to be interesting Fulham, Stoke and Hull.
• Espanyol captain Raul Tamudo could be on his way to England. The Black Cats have been linked with a €2.5m move for the 31-year-old, but will have to compete with Bolton, Portsmouth, Wolves and Birmingham to sign the striker.
• Middlesbrough defender Robert Huth is set to leave the club since their relegation to the Championship and Steve Bruce could be set to swoop for the German.
• Leeds wonderkid is also said to interest Bruce, but it would be more concerning if he didn`t. Delph was reported to have joined Everton, but Leeds rubbished those reports.
• Doncaster midfield Brian Stock has now been linked with a move to Sunderland after previously been said to interest Bruce while he was Wigan manager. Wolves, Birmingham and Nottingham Forest are also reported to be monitoring the situation.
• Hibs have been linked with a move for striker Anthony Stokes. Manager John Hughes was in charge of Falkirk when Stokes shot to fame scoring 16 goals in 18 games and is offering the youngster a chance to resurrect his career north of the boarder.
• Finally, Steve Bruce plans to give former Black Cats boss Roy Keane a call to see if he fancies signing any of the dead wood he brought to the club in the first place.
Here at Vital Sunderland, we will be keep a track of all the players linked with moves to and from Sunderland throughout the summer.
Players linked with moves to the club:
Lucas Biglia, Anderlecht (Midfielder)
James McCarthy, Hamilton (Midfielder)
Nedad Milijas, Red Star Belgrade (Midfielder)
Jermaine Beckford, Leeds (Striker)
Siaka Tiene, Valenciennes (Midfielder)
Peter Crouch, Portsmouth (Striker)
Darren Bent, Tottenham (Striker)
Lee Cattermole, Wigan (Midfielder)
Titus Bramble, Wigan (Defender)
Nikola Zigic, Valencia (Striker)
Lucas Neill, West Ham (Defender)
Sebastein Bassong, Newcastle (Defender)
Per Ciljan Skjelbred, Rosenborg (Midfielder)
Steven Davis, Rangers (Midfielder)
Radoslav Kovac, Spartak Moscow (Midfielder)
Antonio Valencia, Wigan (Winger)
Chris Kirkland, Wigan (Goalkeeper)
Alan Smith, Newcastle (Midfielder)
Stewart Downing, Middlesbrough (Winger)
Robbie Keane, Tottenham (Striker)
Richard Dunne, Manchester City (Defender)
Callum Davenport, West Ham (Defender)
Marco Marchionni, Juventus (Winger)
Gennaro Delvecchio, Sampdoria (Midfielder)
Raul Tamudo, Espanyol (Striker)
Robert Huth, Middlesbrough (Defender)
Fabien Delph, Leeds (Midfielder)
Players linked with moves away from the club:
Marton Fulop (Panathinaikos)
Russell Anderson (Burnley)
Kieran Richardson (Tottenham)
Daryl Murphy (Ipswich)
Anthony Stokes (Ipswich, Hibs)
Dean Whitehead (Hull)
Jordan Henderson - Loan (Coventry)
Martyn Waghorn - Loan (Hartlepool)
Jack Colback - Loan (Hartlepool)
Nathan Luscombe - Loan (Hartlepool)
Roy O`Donovan (Hartlepool)
Carlos Edwards (Ipswich)
Paul McShane (Ipswich, Hull)
David Healy (Ipswich)
Craig Gordon (Linked with a move away, but no club mentioned)
Anton Ferdinand (Linked with a move away, but no club mentioned)
Steed Malbranque (Linked with a move away, but no club mentioned)
Date:Monday June 15 2009
Sunderland Halt Citeh's Charge (Wednesday April 16 2014)
Stats: Manchester City v Sunderland (Wednesday April 16 2014)
Team News From The Etihad Stadium, Manchester. (Wednesday April 16 2014)
Sunderland Travel To Etihad To Take On City (Wednesday April 16 2014)
Sunderland Short On Numbers Ahead Of City Clash (Wednesday April 16 2014)
Poyet Will Stay If He Can (Wednesday April 16 2014)
Keeper Must Wait For Contract Talks. (Tuesday April 15 2014)
Bardsley Misses Crucial Away Games (Tuesday April 15 2014)
Team Fully Back The Manager says Cattermole (Monday April 14 2014)
'We Need Luck' says Wickham (Monday April 14 2014)
|14. Aston Villa||33||9||7||17||-14||34|
|Ole Looking For Back To Back Victories
» Cardiff : 18/04/2014 22:35:00
|Gunnarsson Has Full Support amp; Trust
» Cardiff : 18/04/2014 22:22:00
|Do Villa Need Another Point To Be Safe?
» Aston Villa : 18/04/2014 21:19:00
|Team News v West Ham
» Crystal Palace : 18/04/2014 20:00:00
|Vital Preview: Norwich City vs. Liverpool
» Liverpool : 18/04/2014 18:49:00
|Vital Preview: Cardiff v Stoke
» Cardiff : 18/04/2014 18:04:00
|Injury Update: Defender In, Defender Out
» Arsenal : 18/04/2014 17:02:00