Mandzukic, Distin, Rodallega, Bates Linked
The bullet points are back! Let`s have a look at the transfer rumours from the last couple of days:
• The interest in Croatian international striker Mario Mandzukic is growing, and Sunderland are one of a number of sides that are battling for the signature of the 23-year-old. Stoke were previously linked with the Dinamo Zagreb star, and now Celtic and Aston Villa are also said to be keen.
• Sunderland have also entered the race for Middlesbrough defender Matthew Bates. Bruce had hoped to sign the 22-year-old for Wigan and will have to compete with Everton and West Ham to sign the youngster.
• Monaco are said to be interested in Sunderland target Nikola Zigic. The Valencia striker was one of the first players linked to the club under the Steve Bruce regime.
• Portsmouth defender Sylvain Distin could be set for a move back up north. The former Newcastle and Manchester City star could be one of a number of players to leave Fratton Park this summer as the new regime take over.
• Steve Bruce has been linked with another of his former stars, this time striker Hugo Rodallega. Bruce only signed him for Wigan in January and apparently would now like to bring him to the Stadium of Light with him.
• Hull chairman Paul Duffen has ruled out moves for Dean Whitehead and Paul McShane. Speaking to BBC Look North, Duffen stated: 'They are not players we are trying to acquire at this point.
'In the middle of the park we're looking forward to Jimmy Bullard coming back.'
McShane looks set to leave the Black Cats this summer, something that few fans will be disappointed to see. However, Whitehead`s future is a lot more uncertain but with Bruce hoping to sign Lee Cattermole, the skipper could find himself surplus to requirements at the Stadium of Light.
Here at Vital Sunderland, we will be keep a track of all the players linked with moves to and from Sunderland throughout the summer.
Players linked with moves to the club:
Lucas Biglia, Anderlecht (Midfielder)
James McCarthy, Hamilton (Midfielder)
Nedad Milijas, Red Star Belgrade (Midfielder)
Jermaine Beckford, Leeds (Striker)
Siaka Tiene, Valenciennes (Midfielder)
Peter Crouch, Portsmouth (Striker)
Darren Bent, Tottenham (Striker)
Lee Cattermole, Wigan (Midfielder)
Titus Bramble, Wigan (Defender)
Nikola Zigic, Valencia (Striker)
Lucas Neill, West Ham (Defender)
Sebastein Bassong, Newcastle (Defender)
Per Ciljan Skjelbred, Rosenborg (Midfielder)
Steven Davis, Rangers (Midfielder)
Radoslav Kovac, Spartak Moscow (Midfielder)
Antonio Valencia, Wigan (Winger)
Chris Kirkland, Wigan (Goalkeeper)
Alan Smith, Newcastle (Midfielder)
Stewart Downing, Middlesbrough (Winger)
Robbie Keane, Tottenham (Striker)
Richard Dunne, Manchester City (Defender)
Callum Davenport, West Ham (Defender)
Marco Marchionni, Juventus (Winger)
Gennaro Delvecchio, Sampdoria (Midfielder)
Raul Tamudo, Espanyol (Striker)
Robert Huth, Middlesbrough (Defender)
Fabien Delph, Leeds (Midfielder)
Mario Mandzukic, Dinamo Zagreb (Striker)
Matthew Bates, Middlesbrough (Defender)
Sylvain Distin, Portsmouth (Defender)
Hugo Rodallega, Wigan (Striker)
Players linked with moves away from the club:
Marton Fulop (Panathinaikos)
Russell Anderson (Burnley)
Kieran Richardson (Tottenham)
Daryl Murphy (Ipswich)
Anthony Stokes (Ipswich, Hibs)
Dean Whitehead (Hull)
Jordan Henderson - Loan (Coventry)
Martyn Waghorn - Loan (Hartlepool)
Jack Colback - Loan (Hartlepool)
Nathan Luscombe - Loan (Hartlepool)
Roy O`Donovan (Hartlepool)
Carlos Edwards (Ipswich)
Paul McShane (Ipswich, Hull)
David Healy (Ipswich)
Craig Gordon (Linked with a move away, but no club mentioned)
Anton Ferdinand (Linked with a move away, but no club mentioned)
Steed Malbranque (Linked with a move away, but no club mentioned)