Bruce Chasing Jermaine Pennant
It`s time to have another look at the possible ins and outs at the Stadium of Light.
• The typical Sunderland player to Roy Keane`s Ipswich is up first this time and a new name has been linked. Youth team star Conor Hourihane, a native of Cork and one of the many promising youngsters at the Stadium of Light, could be set for a year-long loan move to the Tractorboys. The move will certainly do the youngster some good, considering Jack Colback will likely get the chance to make the step up to the first team before Hourihane.
• According to The Sun, Steve Bruce is set to make a move for Jermaine Pennant. Bruce has been a long term admirer of Pennant, signing him for Birmingham before his move to Liverpool, and could pick the winger up for nothing.
• Lecce striker Cedric Konan has been linked with a move to the club. The Ivorian is available on a free transfer. Fulham are also said to be interested.
• Bruce has again been linked with a move for Richard Dunne. Whereas this move could happen, nothing will until Manchester City sign a replacement.
• Two players the Bruce won`t be signing are two of his former players Paul Scharner and Lee Cattermole. Whereas Scharner does not want to move to the club, Wigan do not want to sell Cattermole, with Latics chairman Dave Whelan stating: 'Lee is not going anywhere,
'You just cannot replace these kind of players.'
• Whereas every fringe player at the Stadium of Light has been linked with a move to Ipswich, the same can be said of Tottenham players being linked to the Stadium of Light in recent times. Didier Zakora and Tom Huddlestone are the most recent players that are said to interest Steve Bruce, although Seville are said to be chasing Zakora and Aston Villa want Huddlestone. Next to be linked with a move will no doubt be Roman Pavlyuchenko, who is set to leave White Hart Lane this summer.
Here at Vital Sunderland, we will be keep a track of all the players linked with moves to and from Sunderland throughout the summer.
Players linked with moves to the club:
Lucas Biglia, Anderlecht (Midfielder)
James McCarthy, Hamilton (Midfielder)
Nedad Milijas, Red Star Belgrade (Midfielder)
Jermaine Beckford, Leeds (Striker)
Siaka Tiene, Valenciennes (Midfielder)
Peter Crouch, Portsmouth (Striker)
Darren Bent, Tottenham (Striker)
Lee Cattermole, Wigan (Midfielder)
Titus Bramble, Wigan (Defender)
Nikola Zigic, Valencia (Striker)
Lucas Neill, West Ham (Defender)
Sebastein Bassong, Newcastle (Defender)
Per Ciljan Skjelbred, Rosenborg (Midfielder)
Steven Davis, Rangers (Midfielder)
Radoslav Kovac, Spartak Moscow (Midfielder)
Antonio Valencia, Wigan (Winger)
Chris Kirkland, Wigan (Goalkeeper)
Alan Smith, Newcastle (Midfielder)
Stewart Downing, Middlesbrough (Winger)
Robbie Keane, Tottenham (Striker)
Richard Dunne, Manchester City (Defender)
Callum Davenport, West Ham (Defender)
Marco Marchionni, Juventus (Winger)
Gennaro Delvecchio, Sampdoria (Midfielder)
Raul Tamudo, Espanyol (Striker)
Robert Huth, Middlesbrough (Defender)
Fabien Delph, Leeds (Midfielder)
Mario Mandzukic, Dinamo Zagreb (Striker)
Matthew Bates, Middlesbrough (Defender)
Sylvain Distin, Portsmouth (Defender)
Hugo Rodallega, Wigan (Striker)
Jermaine Pennant, Liverpool (Winger)
Cedric Konan, Lecce (Striker)
Tom Huddlestone, Tottenham (Midfielder)
Didier Zakora, Tottenham (Midfielder)
Players linked with moves away from the club:
Marton Fulop (Panathinaikos)
Russell Anderson (Burnley)
Kieran Richardson (Tottenham)
Daryl Murphy (Ipswich)
Anthony Stokes (Ipswich, Hibs)
Dean Whitehead (Hull)
Jordan Henderson - Loan (Coventry)
Martyn Waghorn - Loan (Hartlepool)
Jack Colback - Loan (Hartlepool)
Nathan Luscombe - Loan (Hartlepool)
Roy O`Donovan (Hartlepool)
Carlos Edwards (Ipswich)
Paul McShane (Ipswich, Hull)
David Healy (Ipswich)
Craig Gordon (Linked with a move away, but no club mentioned)
Anton Ferdinand (Linked with a move away, but no club mentioned)
Steed Malbranque (Linked with a move away, but no club mentioned)
Conor Hourihane - Loan (Ipswich)
Win FREE pizza with Vital Football!
Select your team and get 50% off if they score twice.