Writer: Gary Johnson
Date:Tuesday July 27 2010
1) Hello Simon! Welcome to Vital Sunderland how are things going for you at the moment with your career?
2) Many Sunderland fan would have loved to have had your job in the past, commentating for their supported team Sunderland AFC, what did you enjoy the most about that job?
Knowing I was getting paid to do a job i'd have paid to do.
3) What was your favourite game or moment as a commentator for Metro or Century FM?
Every match sitting next to Lord Rowell was a genuine pleasure... with many highs. I think the match you're going to ask me about in the next question was a bit of a career changer for me so i'd have to say that one sticks out above the others.
4) You will always be a favourite with the Mackems after your brilliant radio outburst when Sunderland beat their rivals Newcastle and you copied the famous 'Can you hear me Tony Blair' comment - what made you think of that and do it on air?
It's a long story.... buy me a pint and I might tell you...
5) Do you have any regrets over anything that you said or wrote as a Sunderland supporter? For example, the programme entry before another Tyne-Wear derby did not go down well on the other side, did you fear it could provoke that reaction?
You can't go through lives having any regrets. You just have to learn from them.
6) What is the best / worst stadiums you have ever visited? Apart from Sunderland's Stadium of Light?
Night matches at Anfield always feel special. Games at Selhurst Park certainly don't.
7) Do you still make most games at the Stadium or away from home?
I get to as many games as I can.
8) What are your thoughts and hopes for this season under Steve Bruce?
This is his big season for me. He's had a little bit of time now to make changes and try to get rid of players he doesn't fancy - so now's the time to judge him. He's certainly made some brave buys - i'm hoping we can pushing for a European place this season.
9) Where can you see us in 5 years time?
I'd hope we'd be a regularly qualifier for Europe.
Phillips or Bent? At the moment... Phillips... ask me again in three years though.
Reid or Bruce? Reid
Radio or TV appearances? Radio
Thanks for taking your time to do this, it is greatly appreciated in order to help my new site take off that little bit quicker.
No problem Gary, good luck with the site!
Date:Tuesday July 27 2010
Winger Believes Cats Did Well To Draw (Monday September 15 2014)
Poyet Looking Forward To First Win (Sunday September 14 2014)
Stats: Sunderland v Tottenham (Saturday September 13 2014)
Team News: Sunderland vs Tottenham (Saturday September 13 2014)
Coates and Alvarez Set To Star At S-o-L. (Friday September 12 2014)
Altidore Warns About The Threat Of Tottenham. (Friday September 12 2014)
Tottenham Duo Set To Debut At S-o-L. (Friday September 12 2014)
Craig Pawson in Charge Sunderland v Spurs (Thursday September 11 2014)
Coates Cant Wait To Work With Poyet. (Wednesday September 3 2014)
Black Cats Sign Argentine Winger (Monday September 1 2014)
|12. Leicester City||4||1||2||1||-1||5|
|13. West Ham||4||1||1||2||-1||4|
|17. Crystal Palace||4||0||2||2||-3||2|
|The Ped-into-Europe Report...FC Bayern 1-0 City
» Man City : 17/09/2014 22:53:00
» Man City : 17/09/2014 21:45:00
|Lambert Speaks Following Contract Extension
» Aston Villa : 17/09/2014 19:13:00
|Liverpool: Perseverance Pleases Rodgers
» Liverpool : 17/09/2014 19:00:00
|Paul Lambert Extends Villa Stay
» Aston Villa : 17/09/2014 18:52:00